With only 40 days until we say 'I do' I wanted to share some of the questions I receive the most... Well, the appropriate questions anyway.
- Q: I was invited to the wedding. Can I bring my kids? A: Yes, you can bring your children. I just need to know how many people are coming, so I can budget appropriately.
- Q: Where are you registered? A: Ken and I are registered at Honeyfund, Amazon, and Walmart . We live in a tiny home, and didn't register for many large items.
- Q: Will there be an open bar. A: There will be various beverages available, including champagne punch, but space and finances didn't allow for an open bar.
- Q: Where are you going for your honeymoon? A: We are going hot air ballooning in Taos, New Mexico. We will also be touring the many art galleries, the Pueblo dwellings, and generally enjoy 4 days of alone time. Our honeymoon is registered at Honeyfund.com.
- Q: Who is in your wedding party? A: My maid-of-honor is my best friend Tiger Jackson, and my bridesmaids are my daughters, Amanda and Jessica Rogers. Ken's best man is his friend and coworker, Fines Massey. His groomsmen are his brother-in-law, Chris Dashley, and my son, WIlliam Jones. Our flower girl and ring bearer are the adorable Jude and Zander Dashley.
- Q: Why are you getting married at a library. A: There are many reasons that the we are getting married at the Lebanon-Laclede County Library that include the fact that we are having a literary themed wedding, we are both writers, we are both prolific readers, and it will just be a cool location.
- Q: Are you having a band or a DJ? A: We are having both. The Ozark Winds will be playing at our ceremony, and JD the DJ will be spinning tracks at our reception.
- Q: Is there anything I can do to help? A: We have everything taken care of, but if you want to help with set-up or break down of the ceremony or reception I wouldn't say no...
- Q: Who are your wedding vendors? A: My caterers are Bethaney and Sherri Jackson. My wedding cake is being made by Alana at Heaven Scent Bakery. Wedding and reception decor are being rented from Whimsy. Miscellaneous accessories are from Etc Bridal Inc.
- Q: What is your story? A: Ken and I became Facebook friends after a particularly brutal political flame war. I sent him a friend request, and he impressed me with his obscure Netflix recommendations. After a long time, and many terrible events in both of our lives a funny message let me know that he liked me too.
After our first date at Bennett Spring we were nearly inseparable. Three weeks and over 7,000 text messages later we were engaged. He came to Ozark Visions to talk to me while I was working. We were jokingly talking about our future, and when we would eventually be husband and wife. He said, "so does that mean you would consider being my wife."
I laughed, and agreed wholeheartedly. He dropped down on one knee, and said, "I'm serious. This is a real proposal. Will you be my wife?" I squealed, cried, and basically lost it for a few minutes before showing off my ring and excitement to everyone I worked with. Since then we have moved into a tiny home, and have been happier than I thought was possible.
If you have any other questions for us ask them in the comments.